Friday, June 22, 2007

'Dry' Cleaning

If I never became a volunteer in Lee Abbey, I might never know that cleaning a toilet can be done without water.

I am a member of House Team in Lee Abbey International Student Club, in other words, I am the housekeeper. I thought this task is hard, as we have to clean all the toilet in certain floor (it depends which floor you are working on) in 1.5 hours (sometimes 1 hour) everyday. But, when Lan showed me how to clean a toilet in my first working day, I was 'amazed'.

What she did, was just spraying different type of detergen, onto different type of surface (mirror, bath tub and toilet bowl each has its own detergen) and wipe it using a cloth, and that's it. The only thing that still need water is the floor, we have to mop the toilet floor for the last step.

Maybe toilet in my country can also be clean without water, but definitely not in my house.

No comments: